Friday, April 1, 2011

On the Way Home

It was great to have a couple of days in Vancouver on the way home from Phoenix - but not enough for proper visits.  And apparently not enough time to pull out my camera!
I did get pictures of Louize and Liam.  Louize has adopted a chihuahua who was the victim of a puppy mill (she was the mother, bred over and over).  Sheila is very sweet and though a little nervous, she likes her new friends, Mackie and Vegas.  The latest Sheila update is that even the monster (although beautiful) cat, Ella, who lives at Louize's house is softening towards her - the other cat, Sid, who lives outside, is going along for walks with her.

Louize, with Sheila and Vegas

Liam and Mackie

We had a wonderful visit with Liisa and Roy.  Good to see them.  They are back on line now, which is great!  Although it was fun to get and receive cards.

So fun to spend time with our grandchildren.  Their Arizona cousins want us to bring them with us next time!

Pick up soccer game

walking by the lake

On Sunday morning, we visited Dave and Debbie.  Debbie made us the best brunch wrap.  I have to get her recipe!  It was good to catch up.  No pictures, though!
We had a fun afternoon with Lee and Xiao Li.  We went to Ikea, which I love - wish we had one up here!  Once again, no camera.
We also squeezed in a visit to Holly.  Amanda and her little ones came over to see us.  We got to see the soap Amanda is making, and got to bring some home.  It is wonderful!  And... no pictures.
We stayed with Erin and Reg - no pics of them either.  They were very good to us.  We had dinner in our old west end neighbourhood.  Also went to a movie!  And experienced Malaysian cuisine, which was amazing.

If you are at all squeamish, you may not want to scroll down to the next picture.  If you know us, you know how much a part of our family Lucy is.  We left her at what we thought was a wonderful dog boarding place.  We were told before we picked her up that when she was let out that morning, her eye was swollen.  The theory presented was that a piece of hay or straw had poked her eye.
But this is what she looked like...

Her eye was actually fine, but there was a nasty injury to the left of her eye, and nicks and swelling across her nose.  An appointment was made for us at a nearby vet.  The injury was so painful that the vet couldn't touch it, but he put her on antibiotics.
We realize, in retrospect, that we did not ask enough questions - or any, for that matter.  We were kind of in shock and just wanted to get her to a vet and then home.  
But something happened to Lucy - she was in an altercation of some kind that, besides the obvious injuries, affected her whole body.  She was very stiff, and only began to run again yesterday.
The good news is that the antibiotics are working, helped along by a homeopathic cream given to us by our friend, Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment